Sawasdee Thai Summer Project 2014 (1)


I got this experience through AIESEC, which at first I thought it was only a playful project for young people who wanna go overseas, but then after I joined this project, it was very very very different from I thought. This was a very impact project for both Thai students in rural area and my self.


I knew AIESEC from my senior, Teh Ariska, while we were waiting for our lecturers finishing their work. She said another senior just finished her student exchange in Poland. I, who am very interested in looking for more experiences then asked about the organization to my friend, Rina. Fortunately she also knew about it, which meant this organization might be quite famous in my college. Later I searched for more information on google and found so elaborated details on its website. I tried to register in the website and few days after that I got a message from its committee to continue the registration process. However, I didn't do that, because I still had to finish my final paper, which took very long time and much effort. Haha. So bad. :)

A year later, I got a message from its committee that they opened a summer-term registration and offer me whether I wanna continue my registration process. At that time, as I knew that only students could join the project and my final assignment was nearly finished, which meant I would not still be a student on April. They said it was okay, because the project was both for students and they who graduated in two years ago.

Nothing to loose. I followed their instruction to make a CV and Essay and sent it to an email. Few days after that I got a message that I had to go to an interview. The interview took for an hour and the questions were very unpredictable, but fortunately I could answer those all. There was a funny thing in the interview, the interviewer said that actually it was a GYAP interview, not a GIP one which I wanna join. (Those who dunno are pleased to google them) However, she said it was okay because my objectives fit in both program, so I had to choose one of them. I chose GYAP, because I didn't wanna go for long time. I had to go back and prepared for my graduation on August. Few weeks later, I got an email that I passed the interview with other several students. I might be the oldest then :p

---Continued in next post---

Comments

Popular Posts